Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sharing Poem (might be second type I post this, i dont think id did the first time I posted it)

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

This poem is one of my favorite poems I planned on reciting it but then changed my mind. Then when Nataly shared this poem in class it made me very happy. To me this poem is very personal and special. I know the lines and recite it to myself whenever I need to keep going. I think the main theme of the poem is to be able to dream. Dreams may not always occur or may be impossible but hanging on to them will bring light to your life. One always needs something to look forward to, something to think about and to hope for. We should hold fast to our dreams and try to make them come true. Even if we cannot fully reach our dreams we might discover others along the way. Dream can change or grow but their existence allows us to have some type of happiness and faith in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment