Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Songs That I connected With (2)

My second song is  "People Help The People" by either Cherry Ghost or Birdy. Again I have no memory of when I first heard the song, but I remember loving it every time I heard it. Then earlier this year I heard it again on the blog of one of the students in out philosophy class (I think it was Jasmine's Blog). I immediately recognized the song even though singer was different. I think I connected with it because I think that everyone reaches a point in their life where they're really low, and really just need one person to acknowledge them.This song has  made me cry more than once.  I think it's about how people sleep around and with broken hearts. Other people's hearts and their own hearts and everyone hides how much they hurt and miss places, people and time periods. It made me feel better because I liked the idea that even when we don't have the courage to show our true weakened emotions, God knows and he understands, and if he does maybe one other individual in the planet will. I think the song appeals to the lonely, lost soul in us all we all pretend we're so much better than we really are,  deep down however, we're just a collective of  lives and silent thoughts  residing in separately from each other. I think the song says that every person you meet is shadowing a secret, a life experience a broken hear, their self worth. Behind their smile and everyday routines we're all waiting to be saved. I think the song is plea to not give up on humanity and to as people try to help others who are just like us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment